PreviDent 5000 Sensitive
Generic Name: Sodium Fluoride and Potassium Nitrate (SOE dee um FLUR ide/po TAS ee um NYE trate)
Brand Name: PreviDent 5000 Sensitive
Uses of PreviDent 5000 Sensitive:
- This supplement is used to prevent cavities.
- It is used to help sensitive teeth.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take PreviDent 5000 Sensitive?
- If you have an allergy to fluoride or any other part of PreviDent 5000 Sensitive (sodium fluoride and potassium nitrate).
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what
signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- If you have any of these health problems: Bone problems, joint problems, kidney problems, or ulcers.
- If the fluoride in your drinking water is greater than or equal to 0.6 parts per million.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with PreviDent 5000 Sensitive (sodium fluoride and potassium nitrate).
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check
to make sure that it is safe for you to take PreviDent 5000 Sensitive (sodium fluoride and potassium nitrate) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of
any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take PreviDent 5000 Sensitive?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take PreviDent 5000 Sensitive (sodium fluoride and potassium nitrate). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Tell your dentist if your teeth become stained or spotted.
- Take good care of your teeth. See a dentist often.
- This medicine may cause harm if a large amount is swallowed. If a large amount of PreviDent 5000 Sensitive (sodium fluoride and potassium nitrate) is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control
center right away.
- Different brands of PreviDent 5000 Sensitive (sodium fluoride and potassium nitrate) may have different doses for children. Talk with the doctor before giving PreviDent 5000 Sensitive (sodium fluoride and potassium nitrate) to a child.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan on getting pregnant, or are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks
to you and the baby.
How is this medicine (PreviDent 5000 Sensitive) best taken?
Use PreviDent 5000 Sensitive (sodium fluoride and potassium nitrate) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Use in place of your regular toothpaste, unless your doctor says otherwise.
- Brush as you have been told and then spit out.
- Do not swallow PreviDent 5000 Sensitive (sodium fluoride and potassium nitrate).
- Rinse well and spit out rinse water.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Use a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not use 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your
doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing;
tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue,
- Very upset stomach or throwing up.
What are some other side effects of PreviDent 5000 Sensitive?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical
help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical
advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was
taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out PreviDent 5000 Sensitive?
- Store at room temperature.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your
pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about PreviDent 5000 Sensitive (sodium fluoride and potassium nitrate), please talk
with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was
taken, how much, and when it happened.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Prevident 5000 Sensitive (fluoride / potassium nitrate topical)
- Side Effects
- 2 Reviews
- Drug class: mouth and throat products
Related treatment guides
- Prevention of Dental Caries
Editorial References and Review
Medically reviewed by USARx EDITORIAL TEAM Last updated on 1/1/2020.
Source: Drugs.com Prevident 5000 Sensitive (www.drugs.com/cdi/prevident-5000-sensitive.html).