Gas-X Extra Strength
Generic Name: Simethicone Capsules and Tablets (sye METH i kone)
Brand Name: Gas-X Extra Strength, Mylanta Gas Relief Maximum Strength
Uses of Gas-X Extra Strength:
- It is used to ease too much gas in the GI (gastrointestinal) tract.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Gas-X Extra Strength?
- If you have an allergy to simethicone or any other part of Gas-X Extra Strength (simethicone capsules and tablets).
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what
signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check
to make sure that it is safe for you to take Gas-X Extra Strength (simethicone capsules and tablets) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of
any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Gas-X Extra Strength?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Gas-X Extra Strength (simethicone capsules and tablets). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan on getting pregnant, or are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks
to you and the baby.
How is this medicine (Gas-X Extra Strength) best taken?
Use Gas-X Extra Strength (simethicone capsules and tablets) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take Gas-X Extra Strength (simethicone capsules and tablets) after meals and at bedtime or as you have been told by your doctor.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- If you take Gas-X Extra Strength (simethicone capsules and tablets) on a regular basis, take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Many times Gas-X Extra Strength (simethicone capsules and tablets) is taken on an as needed basis. Do not take more often than told by the doctor.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your
doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing;
tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue,
What are some other side effects of Gas-X Extra Strength?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical
help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical
advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was
taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Gas-X Extra Strength?
- Store at room temperature.
- Protect from heat and light.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your
pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Gas-X Extra Strength (simethicone capsules and tablets), please talk
with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was
taken, how much, and when it happened.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Gas-X Extra Strength (simethicone)
- Side Effects
During Pregnancy or
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- FDA Alerts (1)
Other brands: Mylicon, Phazyme, Maalox Anti-Gas, Ovol, ... +16 more
- Gas-X Prevention
- Gas-X with Maalox Extra Strength
Related treatment guides
Editorial References and Review
Medically reviewed by USARx EDITORIAL TEAM Last updated on 1/1/2020.
Source: Drugs.com Gas-x Extra Strength (www.drugs.com/cdi/gas-x-extra-strength.html).