If you are uninsured, you are not alone. In fact, 8.5% of Americans have no health insurance coverage. This leaves 27.5 million Americans to pay for their medical care out of pocket. One of the most expensive parts of medical care is prescription medications. Even common medications and generic versions can be very costly. On average Americans spend $1,200 annually on prescriptions. This expensive cost can be financially taxing, especially on people with a fixed income.
Ways To Afford Your Prescriptions
Fortunately, there are several steps you can take to make your prescription medications more affordable including:
1. Compare Prices With Generics: Generic prescriptions legally have to contain the exact same medication as the name brand prescriptions. Opting for a generic can save you money when they are available.
2. Talk To Your Doctor About Dosage: Prices vary on dosage. Often, you can save money on pills that are a higher dosage, rather than a smaller dosage. In these cases you can use a pill splitter to meet the acceptable dose. Just make sure to consult your physician as some pills, specifically time-release should not be split.
3. Get A Larger Supply: Buying in bulk saves even on prescriptions. Speak with your doctor about writing a prescription for a larger quantity to help you save.
4. Comparison Shop: Different pharmacies have different pricing. So it’s a good idea to call around and compare prices to find the best price. You can save a lot of money just going to a different provider.
5. Use Coupons: Both pharmaceutical companies and pharmacies offer coupons. These discount coupons can help you save a lot of money on your prescriptions.
These can all help you save money. Another great option is to get an app for cheapest prescriptions.
How An App Can Help
One of the best options to help you save on money is to download the app from USA Rx. The USA Rx app for cheapest prescriptions will help you easily compare drug prices, find coupons, and save money. Our app is free to download and the discounts apply at over 70,000 pharmacies across the US. It works on all smartphones and can help you find ways to save quickly. Whether you are uninsured or just looking to save on your prescription medications, the app from USA Rx can help.