Understanding Diabetes: What You Need To Know
Hearing that you have diabetes can be devastating and a little scary. After all, it is a disease that you will have to deal with for the rest of your life. However, it does not have to be a terrifying journey for you. You can continue with your happy and healthy life with only a few adjustments on your lifestyle.
Knowing The Early Signs
The only way to determine if you have diabetes is to go through an examination and get a diagnosis from a doctor. However, there are early signs that you need to look out for, so you will know if there is an urgent need for you to get checked.
• You are always feeling hungry and fatigued.
• You pee more often and are always thirsty.
• You always have a dry mouth. • Your skin may be itchy and dry.
• Your vision is blurry.
Facing The Challenges
The first time you hear the news of your official diagnosis can be a bit overwhelming. If you need time to process the information, take a few days off. Give yourself about three days to feel what you want to feel. You can be mad, sad, or worried. Let everything out, and do not keep your emotions bottled up. This way, you can have a better state of mind and be able to start coming up with a plan on how you can face this challenge. You may have also heard of prescription drugs discount card. Read on and find out how it can help you.
• Find comfort in others. You are not alone in this battle. In the United States, over 30 million Americans have diabetes. You can also join a support group to meet people who have the same experience. Your family can also offer the support that you need.
• Ask your doctor for a treatment plan. Most patients with diabetes require good management of their blood sugar. But for a more detailed and specific goal to maintain a healthy lifestyle, you should consult with your doctor. He or she can recommend a plan that fits your current health. What applies to one patient may not apply to you. A medical professional will also be able to tell if you will have to include taking medication into your routine or if dietary changes can help keep your blood sugar in check. If you have Type 1 diabetes, you will probably need insulin injections or pumps.
• Consider consulting with a dietitian. Since you will more likely have to adjust your food intake, you might want to look for a registered dietitian who is an expert in managing or treating diabetes. A registered dietitian can also tell you what you can and cannot eat. If you decide to hire one, make sure they communicate with your doctor too. You can also start doing your research about the types of food that are good for your condition.
• Keep a journal. Writing down your experiences and feelings can help alleviate stress and anxiety. Additionally, it is also a way for you to keep track of your diet and record the way your blood sugar reacts to certain foods. Doing this may seem like an unnecessary thing at first. But it can help figure out what dosage of the medication you have to take, the amount of food you need to eat, and the perfect workout for you. A journal can help figure out the things that work for you.
• You will need patience. Reaching the desired result may take some time. You can take things slow and move at your own pace. Do not be so hard on yourself if you do not see results immediately.
• Learn more about food. Many people think that individuals with diabetes cannot have carbs. That is a common misconception. Your body still needs carbs to function. What you need to do is balance the amount of intake with the medication you are taking. There is a possibility that you will have to switch up the ratio of protein to carbs. You can also have sweet treats or junk foods occasionally. Having diabetes does not mean you cannot eat the food that you want. Again, this is where a registered dietitian can be helpful.
Saving Money While Saving Oneself
If you have to take prescription medications or devices for your diabetes, you may have realized how expensive it can be. Many people have to make sacrifices because they cannot afford what they need. You do not have to experience the same thing. A prescription drugs discount card will be able to help.
You may have heard about it before but do not know how it can help you with your problem. But you no longer have to think twice. A prescription drugs discount card can help you save money. You can use the card, whether you have insurance or not. It offers an alternative for people with insurance and an opportunity for those who do not have a policy. Getting a discount is easy. All you have to do is follow simple and easy steps.
1. Find a pharmacy discount card that covers your prescription drug.
2. Download the card and print it.
3. Present the card to a participating pharmacy.
4. Pay for the discounted cost of your medication.
If you are looking for a reliable company that offers pharmacy discount cards, then you do not have to look further. USARx offers a card that you can easily have. You do not have to undergo a pre-approval process. Pharmacies from all over the country accept the card.
USARx has also come up with a mobile application that you can download on your phone. Now, you can search, view, or compare prescription medication prices without leaving your home. You can also find the nearest pharmacy that accepts the discount card. Download it now on the Apple App Store or Google Play to find out how it can lessen your stress.