The Ultimate Guide to Surviving Super Bowl Sunday with your Health Intact
Super Bowl Sunday promises to be a great game between the Seahawks and the Broncos, but more than that it involves multi-million dollar commercials and a star-studded half time show. It’s easy to get caught up in excessive drinking and over-snacking, but the good news is you don’t have to sacrifice your health to have a great time.
On Feb 2nd the nation will consume roughly 11.2 million pounds of potato chips, 8.2 million pounds of tortilla chips, 3.8 million pounds of popcorn, and 2.5 million pounds of nuts – altogether approximately 30 million pounds of snacks according to the Calorie Control Council. That’s 1200 calories for the average Super Bowl watcher, well over half of your average daily calorie intake.
There’s a clear need for healthy alternatives and both consumers and producers are realizing this, with Marketwatch recently reporting a dip in beer sales as people get more health conscious. Also for the first time Pistachios, Dannon and Chobani will air Super Bowl ads, using sex appeal and star power to generate buzz for their healthy snacks. Watch the Dannon Oikos Greek Yoghurt ad featuring John Stamos below that’s fast approaching 3 million hits:
With all this in mind, here are some sure-fire ways to stay healthy while enjoying a great game:
- Hit the veggie tray first and fill up on those.
- Acknowledge that while there is a lot of food, you don’t have to try all of it.
- Alternate between beer and water to cut the calories consumed from alcohol in half.
- Make it your goal to chat with each person at the party, which will distract you from eating and help burn calories.
- Plan to work out or get some exercise on the morning of the day.
Stay on top of your prescriptions with our free pharmacy discount card that can save you up to 75% on medications, at http://www.usarx.com/get-free-card