The Differences Between A Discount Pharmacy Card And Insurance
Health insurance and medical costs have gotten plenty of attention lately, and with good reason. Obamacare has fully gone into effect, and while it's not easier to get medical insurance the fact remains that actually going to the doctor or buying medication for your illness are two very expensive things to do. For many people, supplementing your health insurance with something like the USA RX Pharmacy Discount Card is a good idea that's well worth thinking about.
The main reason that some people don't get the discount card is simply because they think it's another form of insurance. But it isn't. If you take a look at the differences between the card and insurance, you'll see a few notable distinctions. Here are some of the biggest ones.
- It's Free – You read that correctly. The discount pharmacy card is totally free. Instead of paying a monthly fee for it, you just fill out the basic form and receive your card. There's no charge to you at all.
- Only For Drugs – Of course, a pharmacy card won't help you get medical treatment like insurance will. Instead, it's only used to help reduce the cost of prescription medications.
- No Tiers – Insurance policies have tiers, such as your co-pay, your deductible, or your monthly premium. But a discount pharmacy card has no tier. Once you get it, you'll use it in the same way as everyone else.
- Big Discounts – It's true that some insurance policies will offer you a copay price for prescription medications. But it's not always the case, and in some instances you may have to pay out of pocket for your prescription drugs. A pharmacy card will lower the overall cost of the medications you need. While an insurance policy can help pay for certain drugs, the discount pharmacy card can actually lower the price of them outright.
- No Wait – Finally, you don't have to wait to get your card. Once you fill out the basic form, you can download and print the card and start using it immediately.
Simply put, the USA RX card is best used as a supplemental tool for those with insurance or as a cost-saving measure for those who have no insurance at all. It's a free item that could save you big on drug costs.
To get your totally free USA RX prescription drug card, fill out our simple form or contact one of our representatives today.