New Innovations In Healthcare To Watch For
It’s safe to say that the rate at which advancements in technology continues to impact our lives is increasing exponentially. The latest statistics show that nearly 30% of all Americans rely heavily on their cellphones. Basically, it is the first thing we look at in the morning upon waking up and the last thing we look at prior to turning in for the night. This fact alone illustrates how connected we’ve become to using this technology. Even more important is the fact that the healthcare and medical industry are becoming increasingly tech-friendly.
These newer technologies have given healthcare practitioners and physicians an avenue for providing cost-effective, fast, and more efficient levels of patient care. Here are several of these newer, technological innovations to be aware of:
- 3D printing in the medical industry can be very practical when you consider that it can be used for a number of applications such as replacing bone, cartilage, and even organs or creating embryonic stem cells and printing skin.
- Although it is still in its infancy, wearable technology such as Google Glass has already displayed widespread popularity throughout numerous industries.
- Cloud-based relationship management software could eventually solve the problem of spending billions to process billions. Today, it is costing a quarter of a trillion dollars to process 30 billion-plus transactions every year.
- Digestible sensors were actually approved in 2011 and will be used to provide physicians and other healthcare professionals with a wide range of information about our bodies and how various treatment solutions could positively impact our lives.
- Rather than experimenting on animals, microchip modeling clinical trials is the newest innovation for testing the efficacy and safety of treatment in human beings.
Sounds like Science Fiction doesn’t it? However, these innovations are already or about to be put into practice in our healthcare industry. Unfortunately, there are no innovations to help reduce the cost of prescription medications. However, the FREE USA Rx pharmacy discount card could save you up to 75% on certain medications at over 60,000 pharmacies throughout the US. For more information regarding this handy savings card you can e-mail a message to us at [email protected] or call us toll-free at 888-277-3911.