Finding The Best Prescription Drug Card
- One third of Americans skipped filling a prescription due to the cost.
- 36% stated their medication did not change but the cost greatly increased last year.
- 19% of Americans reported having to use savings to pay for their prescriptions
- 18 % said they have trouble paying for food and housing if they fill their prescriptions.
- 42% of Americans interviewed said they found paying for medication difficult. Of those 42%, 94% stated they had health insurance.
Needless to say, the introduction of prescription discounts cards have been a life saver, literally in some cases.
Store Discount Cards Are Not Always Better
Did you know that eight out of ten Americans comparison shop for products online? According to the Pew Research group, 79% of American consumers shop on the web or their phones. So if spending time online for the best toaster at the cheapest price is. So why are we not shopping for the medication we need at the cheapest price? The answer is we can. Just remember not all prescription discount cards are the same. Both Walgreens and CVS don’t even cover all their pharmacies. Both limit your discount card to just you and not your family. CVS Pharmacy requires a payment card and Walgreens pharmacy charges and annual fee. Rite-Aid “wellness card”, you get sent discounts and have to bring them to the store. Lastly, both Rite-Aid and Walgreens have a “Tier” system so your discounts are determined on how much money you spend in their store.
The Best Prescription Discount Card
So let’s take a look at one of the best prescription discount cards, USA Rx. First off it is free. No annual fees. Accepted at over 60,000 pharmacies all over American in every state. No paperwork, just fill out your name and email, download your card and print it out. Use it that same day. So let’s demonstrate how the USA Rx card can save you money. Say you are prescribed Xarelto for blood clots. Average cost- $597.99 per 30 tablets. Log on to your USA Rx mobile app or website, look up Xarelto and USA Rx will give you a list of every pharmacy in your immediate area and the average cost is between $160.00 to $163.00. Our mission is to help you afford the medicine you need to get the help you need.