Can You Use Wart Remover for Skin Tags at Home?
Dr. Angel Rivera
You can use wart remover for skin tags, but you need to select the right OTC products. The most popular treatments in this category include Compound-W Freeze Off, Dr. Scholl’s Clear Away Wart Remover, and Duofilm Liquid Salicylic Acid.
Skin tags are harmless, sure. But, for anyone who knows the pain of getting a zit before a date, you’ll understand that just because they’re safe, doesn’t make them less of a nuisance. The goal, after all, is to maintain a clear, glowing and healthy skin. Skin tags—those flesh-toned pigmented tissue—proves that your skin isn’t any of those.
Both sexes are prone to them, and we all become susceptible to age. And if your budget permits, take a quick trip to the dermatologist so that a professional can remove it. If you want a more affordable solution that works better than a wart remover, use the TagBand Skin Tag Removal Device. We’ve found that it can get rid of skin tags in as little as seven days and it’ll only cost you around 20 bucks.
Acrochordons, which is the scientific name for skin tags, are usually small. Almost as little as a raised pinhead bump on the end of a narrow stalk. Normally, each one can range from 2mm to 5mm in diameter. On rare occasions, they can grow as large as a grape.
The previous methods can be performed at home, too. If you have liquid nitrogen, a cautery tool, and have no qualms about performing a minor surgical procedure on yourself.
But there is another alternative, which involves using an over-the-counter wart remover for skin tags. Here’s how it can be done:
- Confirm that you are in fact dealing with a skin tag. Visit your dermatologist to confirm that it is, in fact, nothing more than this skin condition. Once established, ask your doctor if it would be a good idea to use a wart remover instead of going through the traditional removal procedures involved in skin tag removal.
- With your doctor’s approval, purchase the necessary wart remover on Amazon.com. Brands such as Dr. Scholl’s Clear Away Wart Remover, and Compound-W Freeze Off are some of the go-to brands and we recommend them.
- Apply carefully to the affected area. Again, be mindful of avoiding the more sensitive areas around your genitals and eyelids.
- Make sure you do not apply the wart remover onto skin that has been showing signs of sunburn, irritation, infection or cuts.
- It will sometimes take more than one application. Follow the steps until the skin tag is removed, or as recommended by your doctor.
Let’s first establish the fact that skin tags aren’t a severe skin condition that will require you to rush to your dermatologist for treatment. A wart remover for skin tags, home remedies, and techniques as well as similar other methods can be used to remove them.
Here’s a simple do-it-yourself technique involves materials found in your bathroom:
- Use dental floss or the TagBand to tie of the skin tag at the stalk.
- Blast the area with liquid nitrogen to freeze off a skin tag.
- After numbing the area, burn the skin tag with a cautery tool.
- Or remove a skin tag by cutting it off with scissors, which you can do with or without anesthetic.
The fast and easy solution for unwanted moles & pesky skin tags that works in the comfort of your own home.
- Revolutionary new all natural formula
- Works on moles and skin tags on anywhere on the body
- Delivers results in as little as 8 hours
- Skincell Pro is specially formulated and manufactured in the United States of America, in a state of the art FDA approved facility.
- Free Bottle Offer!
All these are different methods that are effective at removing skin tags, but they aren’t all recommended. You can go to a dermatologist to get your skin tag removed, but it can also be done at home. Make sure that you have all the right tools for it and are extra careful as you try to find ways how to remove skin tags.
Because of the small area affected, it’s easy to remove skin tags without the use of anesthetic. But it’s typical for dermatologists to inject some Lidocaine around the area before attempting to remove one, especially if it’s a large growth.
You must also note that you should think before you attempt to remove skin tags from sensitive areas of your body by yourself. This is especially true for skin tags that develop around the eyelids as a single mistake might cause more harm than good.
Visit your dermatologist, internal medicine doctors or even family physicians if you do have one that you’d like to remove. For more troublesome cases, ophthalmologists may be required to step in if the growth is close to the eyes and removal might potentially harm your vision.
Freezing and burning or cauterizing a skin tag may also cause skin discoloration for a few days, but it’ll fade.
Any part of your body, regardless of whether you are male or female, can develop skin tags. But some areas of your body are more prone such as the base of the neck, around the eyes, groin fold, anus, and under the breasts.
Among all these areas, the neck and armpits are the most common areas where people complain about skin tags developing, and doctors assume it’s because these are areas that continuously rub against itself or clothing.
Regarding age, it’s usually adults who are more aware of the development of skin tags on the body. However, it’s not unheard of for babies to develop skin tags in areas where skin frequently rubs against skin, especially if they are on the plump side. After all, obesity is considered to be one of the causes of skin tags.
For young kids, eyelids are the most common areas where skin tags develop. They’re thought to be caused by frequent rubbing of the eyes. While teens typically get skin tags around the underarm area due to friction experienced by their skin caused by sports activities.
Skin tags are acquired. Meaning, they are not inborn qualities of the skin. And basically, men and women are both prone to getting them. In fact, more than half of the general populations have had them at some point in their life.
Again, they are more common among adults by the time that they reach middle age. In general, the condition is more common among overweight people.
Different factors also contribute to the development of skin tags apart from age and habits. For instance, changes in hormone levels, particularly the shifting levels women experience during pregnancy or the menopause prompts their development in females. And because they are harmless and don’t require a dermatological treatment, can be left alone.
They are also not typically associated with diseases, but it has been known that skin tags in obese individuals can develop into a condition called acanthosis nigricans, specifically on the neck and armpit area. This is thought to be a symptom of having high blood fats and sugar.
For skin tags that start to become bothersome, especially on an aesthetic level, know that it’s straightforward to remove as well.
There is no evidence to support the myth that removing tags causes them to multiply. There is also evidence to suggest that people who get one skin tag are more prone to getting multiple skin tags, so others are just more likely to occur over the course of our life. You can use the above brands of wart remover for skin tags and get the results that you need.